Central African Republic Travel
Central African Republic Travel - As the name implies, Central African Republic lies in the tropical zone of Central Africa. CAR is landlocked and bordered by Chad in the north, Sudan in the east, Zaire and Congo in the south and by Cameroon in the west.
Despite a reputation and history of political brutality, this country has magnificent forests, waterfalls and national parks that teem with wildlife.
Central African Republic Travel Warning
Tensions are high in Bangui and across the Central African Republic. There has been an increase in violence with armed patrols that have set up several roadblocks across the country. Reports of violence, reprisal killings, looting, kidnapping and human rights abuses continue across the country.
Central African Republic Travel Facts
- Formerly: French Equatorial Africa
- Capital: Bangui
- Area: 622,984 km2
- Population: 4,303,356
- Language: French and tribal languages
Central African Republic Money
- The local currency is (West Africa Comunauté Financiere Africaine) CFA Franc.
- There are no Visa or Mastercard ATMs located in CAR.
Electricity In Central African Republic
Voltage: 220 V | Frequency: 50 Hz | Power sockets: Type B
Central African Republic Map
Getting To Central African Republic
- Non-Stop from CDG, Paris to Bangui, CAR
Central African Republic Travel Health
Vaccinations/boosters are strongly recommended for:
Note, you must carry the WHO Yellow Fever certificate when travelling to and from CAR.
Malaria In Central African Republic
Malaria Map Of Central African Republic
Malaria prophylaxis is recommended for all travellers to CAR at all times of year. The red area indicate substantial risk of malaria.
Other health hazards In Central African Republic
Central African Republic Visa
Central African Republic visa and passport information includes all application instructions and visa application form downloads.
Visa and Passport Requirements For US & UK Citizens
- Submit your Passport, must be valid at least 6 months beyond intended stay
- 2 Visa Application Form, fully completed and signed
- 2 recent passport-type photographs - scanned photos will be rejected
- Copy of round trip airline tickets, or itinerary, or letter of confirmation from travel agent
- Booking confirmation accepted in place of air tickets as long as it shows onward/return travel.
- Copy/Original hotel confirmation
- Invitation to CAR is advisable but not compulsory
- Consular Fee: $150.00 per tourist visa
- Consular Fee: £42.00 per tourist visa
Note, UK and other nationalities must apply for a CAR tourist visa via their nearest French Embassy. The required application forms are as for a short-stay Schengen Visa.
Central African Republic Visa Application Forms
Central African Republic Embassies
CAR Embassy In US
1618 22nd Street NW, Washington, DC 20008
Tel: (202) 483-7800, 7801
Fax: (202) 332-9893
CAR Embassy In UK
There is no representation in the UK. There is a CAR Embassy in Paris.
30, rue des Perchamps, Paris, France 75116
Fax: +33-1-46510021 or +33-1-42889895
US Embassy In CAR
Avenue David Dacko, Bangui
Tel:  61 02 00 or 61 25 78 or 61 02 10
Fax:  61 44 94
UK Embassy In CAR
There is no British representation in CAR. The British Embassy in Yaoundé, Cameroon is responsible for CAR matters.
British High Commission
Avenue Winston Churchill, Yaoundé, Cameroon
Tel: (237) 2222 05 45 or(237) 2222 07 96
Fax: (237) 2222 01 48
BHC Website In Cameroon
Central African Republic Travel Resources