Crystal Decanter Sets
These unique wine or spirit crystal decanter sets are can easily be matched with sets of beautifully engraved crystal wine or spirit glasses.
Please note, this page contains affiliate links, which means Shakari Connection receives a commission if you make a purchase using these links.
- You can pretty much choose whatever custom design you would like engraved on one of these handsome crystal glass decanters. Just browse round these pages to see examples of David Whyman's fine engravings.
- Aternatively you can choose a decanter with a design you see here which will be reproduced especially for you.
- All you need to do is decide whether you want a wine or spirit decanter, or one of each. Then select the decanter shape you prefer and let us know which animal you would like portrayed on it.
- You also can choose whether you would like a 3D design where the animal is set among scenery and which gives a different perspective depending on your angle of view. Alternatively you can opt for an animal designed on just one side of the decanter.
- If you would like a custom engraving, such as a portrait or particular scene, send us a good quality photograph.
- All the decanters are free-hand engraved, signed and dated.
About Wine & Spirit Decanters
- Wine decanters may seem a bit dated these days but are useful if you need to filter out sediment, particularly in an old wine or port. In this case you need to use a wine funnel with mesh strainer with any wine decanter design.
- Both wine and spirit decanters can be a beautiful decorative addition to a dining table or sideboard. They also are useful if you are serving wine with an ugly bottle or label or need to 'dress up' a cheaper brand of spirit for your guests.
- Wine decanters are usually have a more simple bulbous shape and are designed to expose as much of the wine to air as possible, allowing it to 'breathe' when you first fill the decanter. Decanted wine really should be consumed immediately and not stored in the decanter for any length of time. As the wine is being used however, you want it to have less exposure to air. So many wine decanters are designed with upward pointing cones in the base which reduce the surface area as the wine level goes down.
- Thoroughly cleaning your decanter between uses is important to remove any residue which may taint the next wine or spirit that goes into it. If you find your wine or spirit decanter hard to get perfectly clean after use, particularly getting rid of sticky red wine residue in the base, these wine decanter cleaning beads are very useful. Just swirl the re-useable stainless steel beads in the decanter with water and any staining or deposits are removed, leaving your decanter sparkling clean.
- Spirit decanters are usually bottle shaped and generally more decorative made of regular glass or, like the ones here, cut crystal glass. This enables the colour and quality of the spirit to be appreciated fully.
- Spirit decanters are specifically designed to store and protect the spirit so should always have a stopper with a tight seal. Always replace the stopper after pouring your drink to prevent evaporation.
Traditional Decanter Shapes
Once you have decided on whether you want a wine or spirit decanter, the shape and style of decanter makes no further difference to the flavour of the contents - it's just a matter of your personal taste. You can put all the various spirits such as whisky, rum, vodka etc. in the same shape spirit decanters. You should be able to tell from the colours which drink is which. If not, you can use engraved silver decanter labels.
This is a traditional port decanter shape with a wide base to prevent tipping over on a ship at sea when used by the Royal Navy.
The wide base allows the port to 'breathe', thereby developing it's full flavour. The long neck allows the port to be decanted gently by running down the glass rather than splashing in roughly. Experts say this makes a difference to flavour!
This decanter shape, also known as a ship's decanter, is good for red wine too.
This is a traditional carafe decanter shape which is ideal for red and white wine. Again it has a long, elegant neck to decant wine gently, plus wide mouth and a handle to facilitate pouring.
This is a contemporary decanter designed for use with any spirit.
This is another contemporary decanter design with a swan neck for use with red or white wine.
This is a traditional square decanter designed for use with any spirit.
This is another traditional square decanter designed for use with any spirit.
African Wildlife Decanters
Here are some examples of decanters engraved with African animals.
If you would like a similar decanter engraved with any other animal please contact us.
(Please click on the images to enlarge)
Crystal Decanter with 3D Buffalo
Crystal Decanter with 3D Elephant
Crystal Spirit Decanter with Kudu
Crystal Decanter with Charging Elephant
Crystal Decanter with Warthog
Crystal Decanter with Warthog Close-Up
Crystal Decanter Set with Warthog
Crystal Decanter Portraits
Crystal Decanter with Queen Elizabeth II
Crystal Decanter Portrait of Boy
Crystal Decanter Portrait of A Hunter
Crystal Decanter Portrait of A Hunter (Close Up View)
Crystal Decanters With Other Animals
Crystal Decanter & Glasses Set with European Game - Deer, Wildboar & Grouse
Crystal Decanter with Fallow Deer
Crystal Decanter with Red Deer
Crystal Decanter with Roe Deer
Crystal Decanter with Field Mice
Crystal Decanter Shooting Designs
Crystal Glass Decanter with 3D Working Gun-dog Scene
Crystal Glass Decanter with 3D Working Gun-dog Scene (Close Up View)
Crystal Decanter with Shotguns
Crystal Decanter with Shotguns (Close Up View)
3D Crystal Decanter with Snipe
3D Crystal Decanter with Partridge
3D Crystal Decanter with Pheasant
3D Crystal Decanter with Pheasant (Close Up View)
3D Crystal Decanter with Shooting Scene
Miscellaneous Decanter Designs
3D Crystal Decanter with Falcons
3D Crystal Decanter with Rally Car
Crystal Decanter with Coat Of Arms
3D Crystal Decanter with Village Buildings looking through an Arch
Take A Look At More Crystal Glassware...