A small compact rifle cleaning kit or a bore snake is really all you need to bring on an African hunting safari.
Unless your rifle gets extremely wet or dirty, there is no need to give it any deep cleaning attention while you are hunting.
- Due to airline restrictions on fluids, especially flammable fluids, don't attempt to bring cleaning fluids. Your PH will have something you could use if necessary.
- You do not need to overdo the cleaning whilst on safari but it a good plan to give it the odd going over, especially if the rifle has been out in the rain.
- Try not to over-oil the rifle as oil in the barrel, as you know, causes a different point of impact on the first shot. Also gun oil on the outside makes for more shine and acts as a magnet to dust.
- Bring some insulation or duct tape to cover the end of the barrel to prevent dust and other debris getting in.
- Always clean your own rifle on safari - never give your rifle to your PH or any other staff member to clean.
Rifle Cleaning Kits And Bore Snakes From Amazon
(Place cursor on image for details)