Please note, this page contains affiliate links, which means Shakari Connection receives a commission if you make a purchase using these links.
Why Global Rescue? Most African hunters are not aware of the serious deficiencies of their health insurance, travel insurance, platinum card program or SOS hotline service. These programs do not respond promptly and do not have in-house medical and security professionals to deploy to your location anywhere on the planet to solve your crisis. Global Rescue has a proven track record of success under the most difficult conditions.
Healthcare in much of Africa is either poor or non-existent so Global Rescue provides the medical and security expertise combined with an ability to deploy professionals to the exact location of your emergency even if is far from civilization. Members may decide where and when they want to be transported, giving them a higher likelihood of a positive outcome. If a natural disaster strikes or political turmoil escalates to civil unrest, members who have upgraded to Global Rescue's security membership can be immediately transported home safely.
Global Rescue Membership
- TRAVEL MEMBERSHIP provides medical advisory and evacuation, field rescue and intelligence services for travellers more than 100 miles from home. Optional security advisory and evacuation coverage upgrades are also available.
- TOTALCARE MEMBERSHIP provides 24x7 access to world-class virtual healthcare, including urgent and specialty consults. This membership includes all of the features of Travel Membership. Read More
- EXTENDED MEMBERSHIP is for travellers 75 to 85 years of age. For individuals over age 85, medical transport benefits are available on a
fee-for-service basis. You must complete a separate extended plan application form.
Global Rescue Travel Insurance
- IMG SIGNATURE TRAVEL INSURANCE is an optional add-on to your Global Rescue membership, providing coverage against unexpected expenses while you're travelling and giving you the added protection if something goes wrong.
- IMG SIGNATURE TRAVEL INSURANCE POLICY PLUS is an optional upgrade plan which includes cover for Travel Interruption For Any Reason and Cancellation For Any Reason. Read more about travel cancellation cover
Global Rescue Member Benefits Include...
- Medical consultations in English by world-class physicians.
- Deployable medical, security, and rescue teams.
- Field rescues for members who need hospitalization but can't get to a hospital.
- Paramedics and healthcare professionals deployable around the world.
- Evacuation and transfer services on medically equipped helicopters, jets and commercial aircraft.
- Medical transport to member's choice of home country hospital.
- Emergency security evacuations for crisis, war, or natural disasters (for members who opt for this service)
- Aircraft can be launched in as little as 90 minutes.
- All US based Global Rescue authorized medical service providers are certified by the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS).
- Travel intelligence including recommended inoculations, weather, country and regional stability and crime reports.
- Emergency message relay to family members.
- Local physician and dentist locator services.
- Telephonic interpretation.
- Visa and passport services.
- Local legal referrals.
- Transport of mortal remains.
- Services available 365 days per year, 24 hours per day.
Shakari Connection strongly recommends that you enrol with Global Rescue prior to embarking on your African hunting safari.
More On Travel To Africa
Back to Top
First Time To Africa