Uganda Travel - Uganda is in East Africa, bordered in the east by Kenya, the north by Sudan, in the west by the Democratic Republic of the Congo, in the southwest by Rwanda, and in the south by Tanzania.
Uganda Travel Facts
- "The Pearl of Africa" Winston Churchill
- Capital: Kampala
- Area: Total: 236,040 km2
- Population: 24,699,073 (est)
- Language: English, Swahili and local languages
Electricity In Uganda
Voltage: 230 V | Frequency: 50 Hz | Power sockets: Type D & E
Getting To Uganda
- Non-Stop from Schipol, Amsterdam to Entebbe, Uganda
- Non-Stop from Dubai, UAE to Entebbe, Uganda
- Non-Stop from Doha, Qatar to Entebbe, Uganda
- Non-Stop from Abu Dhabi, UAE to Entebbe, Uganda
South African Airways
- Non-Stop from Johannesburg to Entebbe, Uganda
- Non-Stop from Dar Es Salaam to Entebbe, Uganda
- Non-Stop Addis Ababa to Entebbe, Uganda
Uganda Travel Health
Vaccinations/boosters are strongly recommended for:
Malaria In Uganda
Malaria Map Of Uganda
Prophylaxis is recommended for all areas of Uganda at all times of year.
Other Health Hazards In Uganda
- All other hepatitis strains are endemic.
- Bilharzia is present in fresh water.
- Outbreaks of Meningitis, cholera and haemorrhagic fevers such as Ebola, sometimes occur.
- Food and drink contamination.
Uganda visa and passport information includes all application instructions and visa application form downloads.
US and EU citizens may buy a Uganda visa on arrival at Entebbe Airport for US$50. See below for advance visa application.
Visa and Passport Requirements For US & UK Citizens
- Submit your valid, signed passport with at least 6 months remaining validity.
- 2 Visa Application Forms, completed and signed.
- 2 Passport-type photographs required.
- International Certificate of Vaccination for Yellow Fever.
- Copy of round trip airline tickets or itinerary, or letter of confirmation from travel agent
- Consular Fees: $ 50.00 Per visa / 3 month single entry or $80.00 - Emergency/Rush visa issued in 2-3 business days.
- Consular fees: £25.00 - 3 month single entry or $50.00 at entry point in Uganda.
In addition, UK applicants may need:
- Confirmation letter from your health insurance stating coverage & one copy.
- Current bank statement & one copy.
- Invitation letter from Ugandan company or friends.
- Leave Approval Letter from your employer/educational institution.
- Utility Bills.
Uganda Visa Application Forms
Uganda Embassy In US
5909 16th Street NW, Washington, DC 20011
Tel:  (202) 726-7100
Fax:  (202) 726-1727
Uganda Embassy Website
Uganda Embassy in UK
58-59 Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5DX
Tel: 020 7839 5783
Fax: 020 7839 8925
Uganda Embassy Website
US Embassy in Uganda
1577 Ggaba Road, Kampala
Tel:  (41) 259792, 259793, 259795
Fax:  (41) 259794
US Embassy Website in Uganda
UK Embassy in Uganda
4 Windsor Loop, PO Box 7070, Kampala
Tel: (256) (31) 2312000
Fax: (256) (41) 4257304 General Enquiries
UK Embassy Website in Uganda
Recommended Reading For Uganda Travel
The Bradt Travel Guide to Uganda offers in-depth background information on Uganda's history and fascinating mix of cultures. It has all the practical details on travelling around the country you might possibly expect plus a guide wildlife, trekking and climbing.
Uganda Travel Resources