Page Updated: Apr 2020
Uganda Travel - Uganda is in East Africa, bordered in the east by Kenya, the north by Sudan, in the west by the Democratic Republic of the Congo, in the southwest by Rwanda, and in the south by Tanzania.
Uganda Travel Facts
- "The Pearl of Africa" Winston Churchill
- Capital: Kampala
- Area: Total: 236,040 km2
- Population: 24,699,073 (est)
- Language: English, Swahili and local languages
Electricity In Uganda
Voltage: 230 V | Frequency: 50 Hz | Power sockets: Type D & E
Getting To Uganda
- Non-Stop from Schipol, Amsterdam to Entebbe, Uganda
- Non-Stop from Dubai, UAE to Entebbe, Uganda
- Non-Stop from Doha, Qatar to Entebbe, Uganda
- Non-Stop from Abu Dhabi, UAE to Entebbe, Uganda
South African Airways
- Non-Stop from Johannesburg to Entebbe, Uganda
- Non-Stop from Dar Es Salaam to Entebbe, Uganda
- Non-Stop Addis Ababa to Entebbe, Uganda
Uganda Travel Health
Vaccinations/boosters are strongly recommended for:
Malaria In Uganda
Malaria Map Of Uganda
Prophylaxis is recommended for all areas of Uganda at all times of year.
Other Health Hazards In Uganda
- All other hepatitis strains are endemic.
- Bilharzia is present in fresh water.
- Outbreaks of Meningitis, cholera and haemorrhagic fevers such as Ebola, sometimes occur.
- Food and drink contamination.
Getting A Visa For Uganda
US and EU citizens may buy a Uganda visa on arrival at Entebbe Airport for US$50. See below for advance visa application.
You can now apply online for a visa to travel to Uganda. Get full guidelines, regulations and required documents here.
Uganda Embassy Websites
Recommended Reading For Uganda Travel
The Bradt Travel Guide to Uganda offers in-depth background information on Uganda's history and fascinating mix of cultures. It has all the practical details on travelling around the country you might possibly expect plus a guide wildlife, trekking and climbing.
Uganda Travel Resources
Back to Top