You may be interested in official trophy measurement and entering it a record book if you obtain a really good African trophy .
The mainstream trophy record books are those run by Rowland Ward and Safari Club International and to get your trophy entered you must comply with their individual requirements and standards.
Rowland Ward Records Of Big Game
- There must be a 30 day drying out period between the kill date and measuring for all entries except crocodile. (Crocodile must be measured in the field and witnessed).
- The trophy must be measured by an official RW measurer.
- Every trophy has an applicable measurement method for its type.
- There is no fee to get the trophy measured.
- A completed entry form and fee must be submitted.
- If the trophy is in the top 10, it must be measured by 2 official measurers and a photograph must be submitted.
- RW African Individual Measuring Instructions.
SCI Record Book
- All trophy entries must be measured by an official SCI measurer.
- Every trophy has an applicable measurement method for it's type.
- If the trophy entry is going to rank in the top 10 of it's category, it must be measured by a SCI Master Measurer.
- Most trophies may be measured without a drying out period.
- There must be a minimum of 60 days between the date of the kill and measuring, if the trophy is in the top 10 of its category.
- There is no cost for measuring a trophy.
- Only members of SCI may enter a trophy for the Record Book.
- A completed entry form, correct entry fee and a photograph of the distinguishing characteristics of the entry must be submitted.
- SCI online official measurers manual.
More On African Trophy Taxidermy