When choosing your safari pants or trousers for African hunting, go for comfort above all.
Characteristics And Functions Of Good Safari Pants
- Comfortable for many hours of wear.
- Non-synthetic material to be sweat absorbent and quiet.
- The 'Buzz Off' 'Insect Shield' pants are made of nylon. If you want cotton pants that are insect repellent, you will need to spray them yourself with permethrin.
- Cooling features possibly zip-off legs to create shorts. Zip-off legs sound quite a good idea until you try to zip them on again while still wearing them!
- Long trousers or shorts? Most hunters prefer to hunt in long trousers which offer some of protection against thorns, insects and the sun. Shorts are obviously cooler and quieter to walk in.
- Pockets - better to be buttoned rather than velcro which can be noisy.
- Try to minimise other optional features like cargo-pants loops or flares as you will just get caught up on branches and thorns.
- The present style for wide-leg, baggy pants is unsuitable for hunting - go for more narrow-legs but not too tight.
- Khaki, green, brown colours rather than white or any bright colour
Safari Pants From Amazon
(Place cursor on image for details)