Insect Repellent Jackets For Africa
Page Updated: May 2021
Do you really need an insect repellent jacket for hunting in Africa?
Insect repellent jackets do the job by...
- Being made with material impregnated with an insect repellent such as permethrin and/or...
- Is constructed of mesh to create a physical barrier against insects.
Permethrin Insect Repellent Jackets Are Useful...
- Wearing a jacket is usually necessary on chilly mornings and evenings but not in the heat of the African day unless you are stormed by a swarm of tsetse flies. In this case, you will do anything to protect yourself, so it is a good idea to pack an insect repellent mesh jacket in your day bag.
- If you have always been particularly bothered by insects, you might find some relief by wearing an insect repellent jacket.
- Certainly, if you are going to hunt in a malarial area of Africa and want to take every possible precaution.
- However, know that most malaria-carrying and non-malarial mosquitos bite at dusk and during the night, so an insect repellent jacket is rather defunct unless you wear it these times. However, there may be occasions where you are leaving camp in the dark before sunrise, in order to travel some distance to where you will start hunting. In this case an insect repellent jacket will deter any biting insects that are still operating at this time.
- Certainly, if you are hunting in swamp areas, rainforests or thick damp vegetation near water, where swarms of mosquitoes can make your life a misery, a permethrin-impregnated mesh jacket and industrial quantites of deet smeared on exposed skin may help.
Recommended Insect Repellent Jackets
Please note, this page contains affiliate links, which means Shakari Connection receives a commission if you make a purchase using these links.
(Click on images for full details & colour options)
This jacket is made from soft and silent fabric and it uses Insect Shield to repel ticks and other biting insects. It comes with a front zip, attached hood, two front pockets and elastic cuffs. Buy Now
The ExOfficio Women's BugsAway jacket has an adjustable drawcord collar and waist, two front hand pockets with packable security zip inside right pocket and underarm mesh ventilation. It does come in a green 'bay leaf' colour. Buy Now
This women's jacket gives you a layer of protection from biting insects. The Insect Shield technology is an odourless bug repellent that won't wash out and protects against mosquitoes, ticks, ants, flies, chiggers, and midges. The mesh-like woven fabric with UPF 10 keeps you cool on hot days and it packs into its own pocket so easy to store in a backpack. It is designed with secure storage pockets, hood and cuffs with elastic bindings to seal insects out and raglan sleeves for ease of movement. Buy Now
This jacket is made with premium, see-through mesh which deflects insects. It comes with a fully zippered head cover and adjustable drawcords. Buy Now
This ExOfficio women's lightweight pullover hoody will keep you comfortable and protected from ticks, mosquitoes, chiggers, flies, ants, fleas, midges at bay. The thumb loops ensure sleeves won't ride up while the adjustable hood provides additional protection. It comes with a handy hidden zip pocket inside the kangaroo pouch. Buy Now
More Insect Repellent Clothing
More On Insect Protection
Back to Top
Insect Repellent Clothing
Insect Repellent Jackets