Insect Repellent Jackets For Africa
Page Updated: Feb 2021
Do you really need an insect repellent jacket for hunting in Africa?
Insect repellent jackets do the job by...
- Being made with material impregnated with an insect repellent such as permethrin and/or...
- Is constructed of mesh to create a physical barrier against insects.
Permethrin Insect Repellent Jackets Are Useful...
- Wearing a jacket is usually necessary on chilly mornings and evenings but not in the heat of the African day unless you are stormed by a swarm of tsetse flies. In this case, you will do anything to protect yourself, so it is a good idea to pack an insect repellent mesh jacket in your day bag.
- If you have always been particularly bothered by insects, you might find some relief by wearing an insect repellent jacket.
- Certainly, if you are going to hunt in a malarial area of Africa and want to take every possible precaution.
- However, know that most malaria-carrying and non-malarial mosquitos bite at dusk and during the night, so an insect repellent jacket is rather defunct unless you wear it these times. However, there may be occasions where you are leaving camp in the dark before sunrise, in order to travel some distance to where you will start hunting. In this case an insect repellent jacket will deter any biting insects that are still operating at this time.
- Certainly, if you are hunting in swamp areas, rainforests or thick damp vegetation near water, where swarms of mosquitoes can make your life a misery, a permethrin-impregnated mesh jacket and industrial quantites of deet smeared on exposed skin may help.
Recommended Insect Repellent Jackets
Please note, this page contains affiliate links, which means Shakari Connection receives a commission if you make a purchase using these links.
(Click on images for full details & colour options)
This Craghoppers jacket has NosiLife insect repellent, sun protection and moisture control. Buy Now
The ExOfficio Women's BugsAway jacket has an adjustable drawcord collar and waist, two front hand pockets with packable security zip inside right pocket and underarm mesh ventilation. It does come in a green 'bay leaf' colour. Buy Now
This hooded mesh jacket is compact and lightweight, made of ultra-fine mesh treated with Insect Shield permethrin. The face panel is black for better visibility and the cuffs and waist are adjustable. Buy Now
Craghoppers Men's Havana Jacket incorporates Insect Shield repellent and comes with plenty of pocket storage, moisture control and sun protection. Buy Now
The Craghoppers NosiLife Akello women's jacket is made of lightweight and stretchy material for great freedom of movement. The jacket provides UPF40+ sun protection and permanent insect protection. It has 2 zip hand pockets, a zip inner chest pocket and a full length zip with pop studs on the front. Buy Now
The Craghoppers Men's Nosilife gilet or vest is made with insect repellent technology and comes with no less than 13 handy pockets. Buy Now
This ExOfficio women's lightweight pullover hoody will keep you comfortable and protected from ticks, mosquitoes, chiggers, flies, ants, fleas, midges at bay. The thumb loops ensure sleeves won't ride up while the adjustable hood provides additional protection. It comes with a handy hidden zip pocket inside the kangaroo pouch. Buy Now
More Insect Repellent Clothing
More On Insect Protection
Back to Top
Insect Repellent Clothing
Insect Repellent Jackets