Shield Mount Taxidermy
Shield mount taxidermy or skull mounts for your African trophies are the simplest and least expensive taxidermy option.
- This type of trophy mount is also known as a 'European mount'.
- This mount is a stunning way to exhibit a horned trophy but make sure you specify how you want the skull cut, if this is important to you.
- There are various styles which include retaining the long nasal bones, cutting them off square at the bottom or cutting away most of the skull and just retaining the base where the horns start.
- The skull is cleaned and either left plain or mounted on a polished wooden shield.
- A wooden shield is an ideal way of displaying warthog tusks.
- Make sure you tell your taxidermist your preference regarding having the horns blackened and polished or left looking natural.
Shield Or Skull Mounts
Click images to enlarge
More Taxidermy Mounts
More On African Trophy Taxidermy