Crystal Decanter Sets
Page Updated: Aug 2020
These unique wine or spirit crystal decanter sets are can easily be matched with sets of beautifully engraved crystal wine or spirit glasses.
Please note, this page contains affiliate links, which means Shakari Connection receives a commission if you make a purchase using these links.
- You can pretty much choose whatever custom design you would like engraved on one of these handsome crystal glass decanters. Just browse round these pages to see examples of David Whyman's fine engravings.
- Aternatively you can choose a decanter with a design you see here which will be reproduced especially for you.
- All you need to do is decide whether you want a wine or spirit decanter, or one of each. Then select the decanter shape you prefer and let us know which animal you would like portrayed on it.
- You also can choose whether you would like a 3D design where the animal is set among scenery and which gives a different perspective depending on your angle of view. Alternatively you can opt for an animal designed on just one side of the decanter.
- If you would like a custom engraving, such as a portrait or particular scene, send us a good quality photograph.
- All the decanters are free-hand engraved, signed and dated.
- Please order early for Christmas. To be sure of delivery before Christmas, please order by October.
- If your order is a gift required by a specific date, please let us know so we can confirm the item can be shipped in time.
- Please note, some of the original decanter shapes pictured here are no longer available. You will be sent pictures of the currently available decanters from which to choose which you prefer.
About Wine & Spirit Decanters
- Wine decanters may seem a bit dated these days but are useful if you need to filter out sediment, particularly in an old wine or port. In this case you need to use a wine aerator funnel with sediment strainer with any wine decanter design.
- Both wine and spirit decanters can be a beautiful decorative addition to a dining table or sideboard. They also are useful if you are serving wine with an ugly bottle or label or need to 'dress up' a cheaper brand of spirit for your guests.
- Wine decanters are usually have a more simple bulbous shape and are designed to expose as much of the wine to air as possible, allowing it to 'breathe' when you first fill the decanter. Decanted wine really should be consumed immediately and not stored in the decanter for any length of time. As the wine is being used however, you want it to have less exposure to air. So many wine decanters are designed with upward pointing cones in the base which reduce the surface area as the wine level goes down.
- Thoroughly cleaning your decanter between uses is important to remove any residue which may taint the next wine or spirit that goes into it. If you find your wine or spirit decanter hard to get perfectly clean after use, particularly getting rid of sticky red wine residue in the base, these decanter cleaning beads (with brush) are very useful. Just swirl the re-useable stainless steel beads in the decanter with water and any staining or deposits are removed, leaving your decanter sparkling clean.
- You are strongly advised to never put a crystal glass decanter in a dishwasher.
- Spirit decanters are usually bottle shaped and generally more decorative made of regular glass or, like the ones here, cut crystal glass. This enables the colour and quality of the spirit to be appreciated fully.
- Spirit decanters are specifically designed to store and protect the spirit so should always have a stopper with a tight seal. Always replace the stopper after pouring your drink to prevent evaporation.
Decanter Styles & Shapes
Once you have decided on whether you want a wine or spirit decanter, the shape and style of decanter makes no further difference to the flavour of the contents - it's just a matter of your personal taste. You can put all the various spirits such as whisky, rum, vodka etc. in the same shape spirit decanters. You should be able to tell from the colours which drink is which. If not, you can use decanters labels
This is a traditional port decanter shape known as a Ship's Decanter. It has a wide base to prevent tipping over on a ship at sea and commonly used by the Royal Navy. The wide base allows the port to 'breathe', thereby developing it's full flavour. The long neck allows the port to be decanted gently by running down the glass rather than splashing in roughly. Experts say this makes a difference to flavour! A Ship's Decanter, is good for red wine as well as port.
This is a traditional carafe decanter shape which is ideal for red and white wine. Again it has a long, elegant neck to decant the wine gently, plus wide mouth and a handle to facilitate pouring.
This is a contemporary decanter designed for use with any spirit.
This is another contemporary decanter design with a swan neck for use with red or white wine.
This is a traditional square decanter designed for use with any spirit.
This is another traditional square decanter designed for use with any spirit.
African Wildlife Decanters
Here are some examples of decanters engraved with African animals.
If you would like a similar decanter engraved with any other animal please contact us.
(Please click on the images to enlarge)
Crystal Decanter | 3D Elephant Hunter
Crystal Decanter | 3D Elephant (1)
Crystal Decanter | 3D Giraffes
Crystal Decanter | Elephant Herd
Crystal Decanter | 3D Cape Buffalo
Crystal Decanter | 3D Elephant(2)
Crystal Decanter | Kudu
Crystal Decanter | Elephants
Crystal Decanter | African Elephants | Close-up
Crystal Decanter | Charging Elephant
Crystal Decanter | Warthog
Crystal Decanter | Warthog | Close-Up
Crystal Decanter & Glasses Set | Warthog
Crystal Decanter Set | Lion | Elephant | Cape Buffalo
Crystal Decanter Portraits
Crystal Decanter | Queen Elizabeth II Portrait
Crystal Decanter | Portrait
Crystal Decanter | Hunter Portrait
Crystal Decanter | Hunter Portrait | Close Up
Crystal Decanters With Other Animals
Crystal Decanter & Glasses Set | European Deer | Wildboar | Grouse
Crystal Decanter | Red Deer Herd
Crystal Decanter | Red Deer Herd | Close-up
Crystal Decanter | Red Deer (1)
Crystal Decanter | Fallow Deer
Crystal Decanter | Red Deer (2)
Crystal Decanter | Roe Deer
Crystal Decanter | Field Mice
Crystal Decanter | Osprey
Crystal Decanter Wing-Shooting Designs
Crystal Decanter | 3D Wing-Shooting Scene
Crystal Decanter | 3D Pheasant Shooting Scene
Crystal Decanter | 3D Working Gun-dog Scene | Close-Up
Crystal Decanter | Shotguns
Crystal Decanter | Shotguns | Close-Up
Crystal Decanter | 3D Snipe
Crystal Decanter | 3D Partridge
Crystal Decanter | 3D Pheasant
Crystal Decanter | Pheasant | Close-Up
3D Crystal Decanter with Shooting Scene
Miscellaneous Decanter Designs
Crystal Decanter | Falcons
Crystal Decanter | Rally Car
Crystal Decanter | Coat Of Arms
Crystal Decanter | Village Scene
Take A Look At More Crystal Glassware...
Back to Top
Crystal Decanter Sets