Crystal Drinking Glasses
These stylish crystal drinking glasses are engraved freehand with a variety of African game animals and can be easily be matched with a beautifully engraved crystal decanter.
- They can be supplied individually or in a sets of any number you like, engraved with any animal, bird or portrait of your choice.
- All these glasses are free-hand engraved, signed and dated.
- Please order early for Christmas. To be sure of delivery before Christmas, please order by October.
- If your order is a gift required by a specific date, please let us know so we can confirm the item can be shipped in time.
If you would like to purchase any of these engraved crystal glasses, please contact us.
Please note Shakari Connection receives a commission if you make a purchase using this website.
Choosing The Right Wine Glass Shape
Selecting the right shape wine glass for the type of wine you want to serve is important to some wine drinkers. The shape of the glass enhances the taste of a specific wine not only in your mouth but with the aroma you perceive through your nose. This is a basic guide - purists will recommend further different wine glass shapes for tasting different varieties wines, such as Bordeaux or Burgundy.
- Serving your wines in crystal glasses not only is the best for temperature control and enhancing flavour, the colour of the wine is at its finest when viewed through crystal.
- Red wines are best served in a large glass with a fuller, more rounded bowl and wide rim. As with wine decanters, exposing the wine to as much air as possible, allows it to 'breathe'.
- White wines are best served in glasses with a less rounded bowl than for red wine. They have more of a U-shaped, elongated bowl and are more upright. This enhances the aroma but allows it to remain chilled.
- Rose wines can be served in white wine glasses. Wine purists would use a tapered bowl with a slightly flared rim for rose wines.
- Champagne or sparkling wine is best served in narrow flutes which help retain the 'bubbly' effect.
- Fortified wines, such as port, sherry and other dessert wines are best served in small glasses. As these wines are blended a distilled wine, such as brandy, and have a higher alcohol content than regular wine, only a small serving is usually required.
African Crystal Wine Glasses
(Please click on the images to enlarge)
Crystal Wine Glasses | Bushbuck
Crystal Wine Glasses | Buffalo
Crystal Wine Glasses | Sable
Crystal Wine Glasses | Elephant
Crystal Wine Glasses | Giraffe
Crystal Wine Glasses | Warthog
Crystal Wine Glasses | Ostrich
Wine Glass Shapes
The crystal glasses above are for claret wine. There is a wide choice of styles and shapes for custom crystal engraving including sherry glasses, white wine glasses, red wine glasses, burgundy glasses, wine goblets and champagne glasses.
Left: White Wine Glass | Right: Red Wine Glass
Left: Large Wine Goblet | Right: Champagne Flute
African Whisky Glasses
These whisky glasses are basically tumblers or lowball tumblers which are designed for drinks such as neat whisky, whisky with a splash and, only if you really must, whisky on the rocks.
(Please click on the images to enlarge)
African Crystal Whisky Glass Set | Big 5 + Cheetah
Crystal Whisky Glass | Cape Buffalo (Close Up View)
Crystal Whisky Glass | Leopard
Crystal Whisky Glass | Lion
Crystal Whisky Glass | Another Lion
Crystal Whisky Glass | African Elephant
Crystal Whisky Glass | Young Leopard
Crystal Whisky Glass | Rhino
Crystal Whisky Glass | Another Cape Buffalo
Crystal Whisky Glass | Bongo
Crystal Spirit Glass | Grey Duiker
Crystal Spirit Glasses | Zebra
Crystal Spirit Glasses | Kudu
Crystal Spirit Glasses | Wildebeest
Crystal Spirit Glasses | Springbok
Crystal Spirit Glasses | Waterbuck
Crystal Spirit Glasses | Blesbok
More Crystal Whisky Glasses
Crystal Spirit Glass | Australian Chital Deer
Crystal Spirit Glass | Australian Hog Deer
Crystal Spirit Glass | Australian Fallow Deer
Crystal Spirit Glass | Australian Rusa Deer
Crystal Spirit Glass | Australian Red Deer
Crystal Spirit Glass | Australian Sambar Deer
Crystal Spirit Glass | Clouded Leopard
Crystal Spirit Glass | Otter
Crystal Spirit Glass | Red Panda
Crystal Spirit Glass | Snow Leopard
Crystal Spirit Glass | North American Elk or Wapiti
Crystal Spirit Glass | Kingfisher
Crystal Spirit Glass | Game Birds
Crystal Spirit Glass | Puma
Crystal Spirit Glass | Puma Portrait
Take A Look At More Crystal Glassware...